Re: Parallell hashjoin sometimes ignores temp_tablespaces

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Parallell hashjoin sometimes ignores temp_tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:12 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> A quick look -- to do things right, we will need to know the database
> default tablespace in this case right? Which I guess isn't there because
> the shared fileset isn't tied to a database. But perhaps it's as easy as
> something like the attached, just overwriting the oid?

Yeah, we just have to pick an appropriate place for making the
substitution.  I have no objection to doing it in SharedFileSetInit, as
long as we're sure it will only be consulted for placing temp files and
not relations.

It doesn't *now*, and I'm pretty sure it can't be in the future the way it is now (a parallel worker can't be creating relations). But it is probably a good idea to add a comment indicating this as well...

The lack of documentation seems to be my fault, so I'm willing to pick
this up unless somebody else wants it.

If the comments I included in that patch are enough, I can just commit those along with it. Otherwise, please do :)