Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 11:28 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> To take that one step further, should this be distributed on the
>> website alongside the PDFs?
>
> Well, maybe someone should take a look at the result first.  A quick
> glance revealed that almost all reasonably sized examples run off the
> page horizontally, so you're not going to get much value out of reading
> it this way.

I took a quick look, and it looked fine - but I didn't actually look
at anything containing a code sample.

It might also be depending on the reader. I did specifically look at
things like our examples around setting up archive scripts, and they
linebreak properly instead of running off the page horizontally...

Do you have a specific example that looked bad for you, so I can
compare it on my reader?

> Since there is CSS behind the scenes, I imagine you can perhaps try to
> tweak line-wrapping modes or something.  But in any case, some detail
> work is probably necessary before this is ready to use.

That would probably not hurt in either case :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format