Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Unify some tar functionality across different parts

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Unify some tar functionality across different parts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Why are these very tar-specific functions being declared in such a
>>> globally visible spot as port.h?  That seems like a bad idea on its
>>> face.  IMO stuff in port.h ought to be about as globally applicable
>>> as, say, malloc().
>
>> It's where we put most of the things from src/port in.
>
> Might be time to revisit that, or perhaps better reconsider what we're
> putting in src/port/.  The idea that anything that we want in both
> frontend and backend is a porting issue seems a bit busted in itself.

Yeah, true - but there's certainly other parts that think the same, so
that's a separate issue.

>> I take it you suggest moving it to a special say include/pgtar.h file?
>
> Works for me.

Applied. Should hopefully work once Alvaro gets the buildfarm back to green.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/