Re: "pgstat wait timeout" just got a lot more common on Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: "pgstat wait timeout" just got a lot more common on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>WaitLatchOrSocket instead of a periodic forced wakeup to see whether<br /> > > the postmaster has died.  This
morningI observe that several Windows<br /> > > buildfarm members are showing regression test failures caused
suggeststhat there is something broken in the Windows<br /> > > implementation of WaitLatchOrSocket.  I wonder
whetherit also<br /> > > tells us something we did not know about the underlying cause of<br /> > > those
messages. Not sure what though.  Ideas?  Can anyone who<br /> > > knows Windows take another look at
>the pgstat changes for beta1, which isn't really forward progress.<p>Haven't had time to look at the code itself,
andwon't before wrap time. Sorry. <br /><p>> I spent some time staring at the Windows WaitLatchOrSocket code
myself.<br/> > The only thing I could find that seemed wrong is that in the event<br /> > array, we list the
latch'sevent before pgwin32_signal_event.  The<br /> > Microsoft documentation I looked at says that if more than
oneevent<br /> > is ready, WaitforMultipleObjects reports the first such array member.<br /> > This means that if
thelatch is already set when control gets here,<br /> > signal handlers will not be serviced.<p>Yeah, that does seem
wrong.<p>>  That doesn't match what would<br /> > happen on a Unix machine, so it seems like at least a violation
ofthe<br /> > POLA.  Hence I think we oughta swap the order of those two array<br /> > elements.  (Same issue in
PGSemaphoreLock,btw, and I'm suspicious of<br /> > pgwin32_select.)  I do not however<p>Maybe we need a loop that
checksfor all events? <p>> see a way that that would explain the<br /> > pgstat failures, because the stats
somethingwrong in the other end, meaning the latch *does* get set? <p>/Magnus <br />

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete