Re: Recovery target 'immediate'

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
10:05AM, Simon Riggs <<a href="mailto:simon@2ndquadrant.com">simon@2ndquadrant.com</a>> wrote:<br /> > >
Restorepoints are definitely the way to go here, this is what they<br /> > > were created for. Stopping at a
labelledlocation has a defined<br /> > > meaning for the user, which is much better than just "stop anywhere<br
/>> > convenient", which I found so frightening.<br /> > ><br /> > > It should be straightforward to
>pg_basebackup backups would need to use a unique key, which is harder<br /> > > to achieve. If we write a WAL
recordat backup start that would make<br /> > > the starting LSN unique, so we could then use that for the
findthis to be considerably more error-prone than<br /> > Heikki's suggestion.  On the occasions when I have had the
dubious<br/> > pleasure of trying to do PITR recovery, it's quite easy to supply a<br /> > recovery target that
neveractually gets matched - and then you<br /> > accidentally recover all the way to the end of WAL.  This is not
fun.<br/> > Having a bulletproof way to say "recover until you reach consistency<br /> > and then stop" is a much
nicerAPI.  I don't think "stop as soon as<br /> > possible" is at all the same thing as "stop anywhere
convenient".<br/> ><p dir="ltr">Thinking some more about it, this could also be useful together with pausing at the
recoverytarget to get a quick look at the state of things before recovering further. I assume that would work as well,
sinceit would be "a recovery target like the others".. <p dir="ltr">/Magnus

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: libpq COPY handling
От: Mitsumasa KONDO
Сообщение: Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4