Re: "Resend email" gave me a "does not exist" message

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: "Resend email" gave me a "does not exist" message
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 3:27 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-May-11, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>
> > This happened again after "not failing" for a long time.
> > I got to this page:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/resend/CALj2ACWz=PYrrFXVsEKb9J1aiX4raA%20UBe02hdRp_zqDkrWUiw@mail.gmail.com
> > |Not Found
> > |The requested page was not found.
> > Shortly before: Tue May 11 12:26 UTC 2021
> >
> > I was navigating from:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACWz%3DPYrrFXVsEKb9J1aiX4raA%2BUBe02hdRp_zqDkrWUiw%40mail.gmail.com
> >
> > In the first URL, I see there's a space between "A" and "U" in my URL bar.
>
> Yeah, this reproduces if I start in a browser session where I'm not
> logged in (anon window).  It redirects to the community auth and after
> that is successful it again redirects to the nonworking page (where a
> %2B in the original URL has been turned into %20 somehow).  I suppose
> the reason it takes so long to show up again is that you need your
> community session to expire or something like that.

I finally managed to reproduce it *reliably* and step by step tracked
it down and found a bug. Basically there was one redirect point that
did it differently.. Fixing that one cleared up the problem for me.

I've pushed a fix, so please let me know if you can still see the
problem after this (*fingers crossed*).

Thanks for your persistence, Justin!

--
 Magnus Hagander