Re: Dead link to hp docs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Dead link to hp docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 7:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2018-Jul-02, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Here are all the broken links in the source tree:
>>
>> doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml:
>> Wrong:   http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/ba554_90007/ch04.html
>> Correct: http://h41379.www4.hpe.com/doc/83final/ba554_90007/ch04.html
>>
>> doc/src/sgml/runtime.sgml:
>> Wrong: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/ba554_90007/ch04s02.html
>> Correct: http://h41379.www4.hpe.com/doc/83final/ba554_90007/ch04s02.html

> I think HP break their site on a regular basis.

Well, more to the point, it's obvious from the very form of these links
that HP don't intend them to be stable externally-referenceable URLs.
I remember being unhappy from the beginning that Bruce would try to link
to them in our docs, and I think we're seeing now that indeed they're
not trustworthy permanent URLs.

> Maybe we should be
> looking for some more stable source of similar information?

Exactly.

+<many>. I've been thinking that for a while. And it's not the first time they changed things on us.