Re: Expanding "Upcoming Events" on the Homepage

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Expanding "Upcoming Events" on the Homepage
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Given the way the page is laid out (with that column being shared with
>>> training) this is not going to be an effective use of space.  We'd need
>>> some actual redesign not just a quick s/3/5/.

>>> We've already got a "More" link for that purpose.  I think the real
>>> problem here is that the "More" link looks like it's for more training,
>>> not more events.  Can we just move the "More/Submit/RSS" line up above
>>> "Upcoming Training", so it looks like it has something to do with events?
>>> I think that might be a sufficient fix all by itself.
>>
>> Agreed.  The "More" needs to be moved, and the Events and Training need
>> to be split into separate pages.
>
> Here is a proposed patch that increases the number of events shown on the home page to 5 and also moves the
"More/Submit/RSS"links above "Upcoming Training"

I haven't actually tested it since I don't currently have the testing
data, but isn't this going to make the events column significantly
"longer" than the ones to the left and right (news and planet)? Maybe
we need to increase the number of news and planet items as well?
(Which wouldn't be a problem, I believe, since there is nothing below
them ont he page anyway that would get pushed down). That way it would
be properly balanced?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Expanding "Upcoming Events" on the Homepage
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Expanding "Upcoming Events" on the Homepage