Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackups and slots

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_basebackups and slots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 12/15/16 4:04 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> This obviously requires the server to be configured with enough slots (I
> still think we should change the default here, but that's a different
> topic), but I think that's acceptable.

We could implicitly reserve one replication slot per walsender.  And
then max_replication_slots (possibly renamed) would just be additional
slots beyond that.

That makes a lot of sense now that we have temporary replication slots, I agree. And then max_replication_slots could be something like persistent_replication_slots?