Re: xlog filename formatting functions in recovery

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: xlog filename formatting functions in recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, July 3, 2012, Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
>>(added to commitfest:
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=888)
> It seems you have added it in current commit fest.
> Shouldn't it be added for next CF.

Yep.  The current CF has been closed to new submissions for two and a
half weeks.

Might this be something to consder for 9.2, though? It could be considered a bugfix.

On the substance of the patch, I believe the reason why this is
currently disallowed is because the TLI is implicitly taken from the
running system, and on the standby that might be the wrong value.

I might be misremembering.

That is, however, assuming that this part is not true. I don't recall for sure, but I have a feeling it might be correct. In which case a much bigger patch is needed, and definitely not something for 9.2...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/