Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 01:42:13PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> We have traditionally supported older versions of Windows as long as people
> build from source. But perhaps I'm way overreading that and we should just
> bite the bullet, commit this patch, and declare those platforms as
> completely dead by PostgreSQL 11?

Yeah, I'd like to think that this is a good idea for HEAD. Microsoft is
pushing hard to have all its users move to newer versions like 10
anyway.

I got myself a working build env now so I can at least verify it builds, which it does.

With that, I'm pushing this. Let's see what the buildfarm thinks of it. And if others end up complaining about the platform drop, but I doubt that.

Once again, apologies for the delay, and thanks for the patch!