Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:47 PM RaviKrishna <srkrishna@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Nable didn't seem to work. I got a bounce iirc.
>
> Not sure what you are doing?  My previous reply a day ago and this reply are
> from Nable with no issues.

Not wtih "no issues".

A lot of email sent from Nabble through the lists end up being spam
flagged and either ignored or blocked by individual subscribers,
because they basically fake the email sender. In this case your mail
provider (yahoo) explicitly instructs recipients to treat it as spam
when you send it through Nabble.

There's enough issues with delivery of emails posted through Nabbel
that we have many times considered simply blocking it so that people
dont' *think* it works well, when it doesn''t. (Since most of the
time, the emails end up in the spam folder, there is no way that you
as a sender end up knowing about it).

Buttom line is that while it may be a good tool for reading, it is
*not* a good tool for posting, at least not until they fix their basic
handling of email.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/