Re: PG V9 on NFS

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PG V9 on NFS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Devrim G=DCND=DCZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrot=
e:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 22:22 +0000, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
>> Can PG V9.1* support a DB that's on an NFS disk?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/25517.1191038302@sss.pgh.pa.us

Note that that email is more than 5 years old. A lot has happened in
the linux kernel since then.

It's perfectly possible to run PostgreSQL reliable on NFS. But it's
quite hard to set all the parameters correct to get both decent
performance and some sort of reliability. And it's very easy to get it
wrong, and end up with data corruption. If you don't know exactly what
to do there, I would definitely advice you not to try it.

And don't even consider it without a high-end dedicated filer as the backen=
d.

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/