Re: BUG #16079: Question Regarding the BUG #16064

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #16079: Question Regarding the BUG #16064
Дата
Re: BUG #16079: Question Regarding the BUG #16064  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 5:42 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:48 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Uh, the user's credentials certainly are sent to the PG server.

Perhaps we should log a warning when PostgreSQL has received a
password over the network without SSL.  Perhaps we should log another
warning when PostgreSQL has sent a password over the network without
SSL.

For the old plaintext "password" method, we log a warning when we parse the configuration file.

Maybe we should do the same for LDAP (and RADIUS)? This seems like a better place to put it than to log it at every time it's received?