Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statisticsof a specific query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 4:10 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM Haribabu Kommi
<kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> > That's bloating the interface in my opinion.
>>
>> I understand.
>>
>> Let's call for a vote from a larger audience.  It's important to get
>> this interface right, ISTM.
>

> Amit suggested another option in another mail, so total viable
> solutions that are discussed as of now are,
>
> 1. Single API with NULL input treat as invalid value
> 2. Multiple API to deal with NULL input of other values
> 3. Single API with NULL value to treat them as current user, current database
>  and NULL queryid.
> 4. Single API with -1 as invalid value, treat NULL as no matching. (Only problem
>  with this approach is till now -1 is also a valid queryid, but setting -1 as queryid
> needs to be avoided.

As discussed above the problem mentioned by Hari in point-4 won't be
there if we use a default value as 0.

> I prefer single API. I can go with either 3 or 4.
>
> opinion from others?

We don't see many opinions from others, but what I can read here is the count:
Option-3: Michael, Hari
Option-4: Amit, Hari
Option-2: Alvaro

As Hari seems to be a bit more inclined towards option-4, I think we
can proceed with it.

If you want more input ont it, I'd vote for either 2 or 4. Between those two I think I have a slight favor in the direction of 2, but really not enough to voice strongly. I do feel more strongly that 1 and 3 are not good options.