Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed that "db_user_namespace" has had the following note
attached to it since 2002:

"This feature is intended as a temporary measure until a complete
solution is found. At that time, this option will be removed."

It will be 12 years this year since this "temporary measure" was
added.  I'm just wondering, is there any "complete solution" that
anyone had in mind yet?  Or should this just be deprecated?

I'd say +1 to remove it. That would also make it possible to get id of "password" authentication...

But we might want to officially deprecate it for 9.4, and then remove it later?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/