Re: Streaming replication: sequences on slave seemingly ahead of sequences on master

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Streaming replication: sequences on slave seemingly ahead of sequences on master
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 7 May 2012 09:01, Vincent de Phily <vincent.dephily@mobile-devices.fr> wrote:
>
>> Would be nice to see it added to the documentation (unless I just didn't find
>> it ?), as it is quite surprising, and might lead to problems if people expect
>> to be able to read sequence values from the slave.
>
> If you think so, please submit a patch. That's how it works here.

FWIW, I think this would be a reasonable thing to document, given that
it violates the principle of least surprise for people who are not
intimately familiar with how replication and/or sequences work wrt wal
logging in postgresql. (but no, I'm not actually volunteering at this
point to write said patch due to my backlog already being too large
:P)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication: sequences on slave seemingly ahead of sequences on master
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication: sequences on slave seemingly ahead of sequences on master