Re: [HACKERS] Missing newlines in error messages

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Missing newlines in error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(oops, accidental send button press)

While poking around the pg_basebackup code, I noticed there are a lot of error messages are missing the \n at the end. Most of them are very unlikely to happen, but in general I believe all error messages we print to stderr from those binaries should have a newline at the end.

Is that wrong? :)

Second -- if we were to backpatch something like the attached patch, is that going to cause issues for translators?