Re: docbook-xsl version for release builds

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: docbook-xsl version for release builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> I would like to start using a newer version of docbook-xsl for the
> release builds.  This is currently used for building the man pages.  The
> latest release is 1.78.1 and fixes a few formatting errors.
>
> How do we do that?
>
> We could just take the latest Debian package and stick it on borka.  I
> don't have a problem with this also targeting maintenance releases, but
> maybe there are other ideas.

If it's safe to switch on the old ones as well, it sounds doable. If
we need different toolchains, that's going to be a serious pain. Have
you verified that it's fine with the old ones as well, or are you jsut
assuming?

Second, when you say "the latest debian package", you mean grab the
one from sid? I didn't see anything in backports, but maybe I'm
missing something?

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/