Re: Mail thread references in commits

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Mail thread references in commits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 11/20/2016 06:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> We can replace the website part with a http://postgr.es/m/<messageid>
>> which will make it a bit shorter and still as easy to generate from
>> the client side and to search off.

> That's 19 extra characters, less 2 if you remove the <> delimiters. I
> think the extra usability makes the slight increase in ugliness worth
> it. Can we just agree or disagree on this?

I'm prepared to go along with this if there's general agreement.
However, maybe we should make it actually work first, because I
get a 404 from

http://postgr.es/m/29df5b73-d823-ade4-cb17-47142742a83c@dunslane.net

which ought to be the URL for your message.  I tried the same experiment
for some of the older messages in this thread, and those are 404 too.

Right, it hasn't been set up yet. Pending the actual outcome of this thread.

BTW, should it be "http:" or "https:"?

As of today both should work, so it should be https.