Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
> On 19.01.2016 16:03, Dave Page wrote:
>>

>> Your patch won't apply again. I have no idea why - I'm trying to do it
>> on my Mac, which is a *nix under the hood (they don't use Mac line
>> endings any more - that was the old Mac OS 9 and earlier from a decade
>> or so ago iirc). How are you creating them? The normal way is to do
>> something like:
>

> And how does the attached work? Fresh clone again, only difference is a
> warning (not an error) for whitespaces removed.

Still doesn't apply. I tried on the following systems:

Mac OS X 10.11.1 - git version 2.5.4 (Apple Git-61)
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 - git version 1.8.1.msysgit.1
CentOS release 6.7 (Final) - git version 1.7.1

I'm fairly convinced at this stage that there's something funky on
your system. Perhaps we should take a look next week when we're both
in Brussels?

Tried off a fresh clone of HEAD and it works perfectly:

mha@mha-laptop:~/postgresql/pgadmin3$ patch -p1 < /tmp/gp-warning2.diff
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
patching file pgadmin/schema/pgServer.cpp

git 2.1.4 on Debian Jessie

Dave - have you tried off a completely clean checkout as well? In case some metadata has gotten screwed?

The settings that you have that I don't (so they're not the ones you get by default) are:

[core]
        ignorecase = true
        precomposeunicode = true

I wonder if it's the unicode one..