Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied
Дата
Ответ на Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-05-16 18:20:35 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>wrote:
>
> > At a minimum:
> >
> > Check to see if there is going to be a permission error BEFORE the base
> > backup begins:
> >
> > starting basebackup:
> >   checking perms: ERROR no access to pg_hba.conf~ base backup will fail
>

> That's pretty much what it does if you enable progress meter. I realize you
> don't necessarily want that one, but we could have a switch that still
> tells the server to measure the size, but not actually print the output?
> While it costs a bit of overhead to do that, that's certainly something
> that's a lot more safe than ignoring errors.

Don't think it'll show you that error - that mode only stats() files,
right? So you'd need to add access() or open()s.

You're right, we don't. I thought we did, but was clearly remembering wrong.

I guess we could add an access() call to that codepath though. Not sure if that's going to cause any real overhead compared to the rest of what we're doing anyway?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied