Re: [HACKERS] WIP: About CMake v2

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: About CMake v2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Feb 10, 2017 19:41, "Andres Freund" <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2017-02-10 19:33:18 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I guess we wouldn't, but we'd still need the "replacement for autoconf"
> part. So then we're back to maintaining multiple buildsystems.

Hm? Do we really need that?  Most of the things in an extension you do
*not* want to determine separately from the backend.  It's not like pgxs
atm really allows to differ wildly from autoconf's results. And most of
the relevant determinations made by autoconf are available in headers
and/or we can generate a cmake include file with the results of
autoconf.

Yeah, you're right. You need the output from the process,  it mot the process itself.

/Magnus