Re: BUG #11233: Wishlist: specify config file directory independently

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: BUG #11233: Wishlist: specify config file directory independently
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM,  <eda@waniasset.com> wrote:
> If you want to keep the configuration files somewhere other than their
> default location, you must pass the -D option to postgres to change the
> DATADIR, which is really the config file directory, and then change
> pg_hba.conf to point the data directory back to its original location.

You can do it the other way too, you can pass -c
config_file=/path/to/postgresql.conf to /usr/bin/postgres (or use -o
with pg_ctl). There's also hba_file and ident_file, which you can set
the same way, or simply set in postgresql.conf. Not sure about
recovery.conf.

> Then a new -C
> CONFIGDIR option to postgres would change the location of the config files

Debian/Ubuntu relocates configuration files too and I imagine they
would find this useful. Currently they use the approach I described
above.

But note that the -C switch for postgres is already taken.

Regards,
Marti