Re: Multiple indexes, huge table

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Multiple indexes, huge table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Aram Fingal <fingal@multifactorial.com> wrote:
> Should I write a script which drops all the indexes, copies the data and then recreates the indexes or is there a
betterway to do this?

There's a pg_bulkload extension which does much faster incremental
index updates for large bulk data imports, so you get best of both
worlds: http://pgbulkload.projects.postgresql.org/

Beware though, that this is an external addon and is not as well
tested as core PostgreSQL. I have not tried it myself.

Regards,
Marti