Re: Autonomous subtransactions

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Autonomous subtransactions
Дата
Re: Autonomous subtransactions  (Gianni Ciolli <gianni.ciolli@2ndquadrant.it>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 20:34, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> It's not clear to me why you think there would be a limitation to
> exactly 2 autonomous transactions.

Sorry my bad, I didn't read the proposal carefully. Nesting does
indeed allow multiple autonomous subtransactions.

Maybe that's just my paranoia, but the fact that subtransactions
aren't named means it's pretty easy to accidentally get "out of step"
and commit the wrong subtransaction. I see app developers often
messing up BEGIN/COMMIT/ROLLBACK already. This is why I like the
SAVEPOINT style; it's obvious when there's a bug.

(I do realize that allowing subtransactions to commit out of order
also makes it failure prone)

Regards,
Marti