Re: Draft release notes up for review

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Draft release notes up for review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Any comments before I start transposing them into the back branches?

Sorry I'm late.

> Shore up GRANT ... WITH ADMIN OPTION restrictions (Noah Misch)

I'm not familiar with the phrase "Shore up", I think it should use
more precise language: are the privilege checks getting more strict or
less strict?

----

Wow, there are quite a lot of items this time. Have you considered
grouping the items by their impact, for example security/data
corruption/crash/correctness/other? I think that would make it easier
for readers to find items they're interested in. Most changes seem
pretty straightforward to categorize; there are always outliers, but
even if a few items are miscategorized, that's an improvement over
what we have now. Of course someone has to  be willing to do that work.

If this warrants more discussion, I can draft out a proposal in a new topic.

Regards,
Marti

Сообщение: Re: Changeset Extraction v7.6.1
Сообщение: Re: Changeset Extraction v7.6.1