Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:22 AM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> I took a look at the PL/Java project and it looked both incomplete and dead,
> yet other languages like Javascript are taking off. I would have expected to
> see very strong support for Java because it's the most frequently used
> language on the server-side.

Because no person or company has been motivated to push it so far.

> Why isn't this a core language supported alongside SQL,
> Perl and Python as part of the core project?

I don't know about Perl, but the PL/Python language is somewhat
neglected as well (though has been slightly improving recently). It's
there because it was already merged ages ago. By today's quality
standards, I believe it would not be accepted into PostgreSQL core.

Regards,
Marti