Re: pg_test_timing tool for EXPLAIN ANALYZE overhead

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: pg_test_timing tool for EXPLAIN ANALYZE overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 19:36, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> From the patch:
>
> Newer operating systems may check for the known TSC problems and
> switch to a slower, more stable clock source when they are seen.
> If your system supports TSC time but doesn't default to that, it
> may be disabled for a good reason.

Sorry, I was under the impression that the stability of Windows's
QueryPerformanceCounter() API is hardware-dependent, but I haven't
coded under Windows for a long time -- maybe it's improved in recent
versions.

Regards,
Marti

Сообщение: Re: VACUUM ANALYZE is faster than ANALYZE?
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM ANALYZE is faster than ANALYZE?