Re: CREATE IF NOT EXISTS INDEX

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: CREATE IF NOT EXISTS INDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
> + ereport(NOTICE,
> +                 (errcode(ERRCODE_DUPLICATE_TABLE),
> +                  errmsg("relation \"%s\" already exists, skipping",
> +                                 indexRelationName)));
>
> 1. Clearly "relation" should be "index".
> 2. Use ERRCODE_DUPLICATE_OBJECT not TABLE

My bad, this code is OK. The current code already uses "relation" and
TABLE elsewhere because indexes share the same namespace with tables.

+ /*
+  * Throw an exception when IF NOT EXISTS is used without a named
+  */

I'd say "without an index name". And the line goes beyond 80 characters wide.

I would also move this check to after all the attributes have been
assigned, rather than splitting the assignments in half.

Regards,
Marti