Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 23:04, Shaun Thomas <sthomas@peak6.com> wrote:
> I was alluding to the fact that if a DBA had his system running for a week
> at our transaction level, and PG didn't have forced auto vacuum, and their
> maintenance lapsed even slightly, they could end up with a corrupt database.

It doesn't actually corrupt your database. If you manage to hit the
wraparound age, PostgreSQL disallows new connections and tells you to
run a VACUUM from a standalone backend. (But that should never happen
due to the forced vacuum freeze processes)

Regards,
Marti

Сообщение: Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB
Сообщение: Re: Postgres for a "data warehouse", 5-10 TB