Re: How to get a signal from the database when a INSERT INTO is done?

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: How to get a signal from the database when a INSERT INTO is done?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 13:07, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a mixed question Python/PostgreSQL... I need to get a signal
> in my python application when a new insert is done. How can this be
> done, any clues?

As depesz mentioned, you can use the LISTEN and NOTIFY commands for
this asynchronous signalling. You can add an after-insert trigger to
send the NOTIFY.

On the Python end, you have to call psycopg2 connection.poll() method
periodically or in response to select() activation, and check the
connection.notifies list. Note that this list can grow even when you
run other queries -- not just on poll.

There's an example here:
http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/advanced.html#async-notify

Regards,