Re: [BUGS] BUG #11661: CASE ELSE is evaluated although condition is true

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #11661: CASE ELSE is evaluated although condition is true
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch does not compile properly as a </sect2> is missing, and I
> think that you actually want to add this sect2 block at the bottom the
> sect1 block for conditional functions.

Sorry, I never got around to testing the build because I found a
working DocBook envrionment a PITA to set up. Should have mentioned
that in my email.

> "implementation" is as well a
> bit too general to name such a section, something like
> "functions-conditional-implementation" would be better.

+1

> Also, I am a
> bit dubious about adding a mention aggregate functions and their
> elements being evaluated in a paragraph for GROUP BY and HAVING
> clause.

Why? This page explains in what order the expressions in a SELECT
query are processed. Aggregates can only be found in SELECT queries
and their semantics are non-trivial, so it seems like a big omission
to me that their relation to other clauses is not discussed.

I think that's the most appropriate place for that, because GROUP BY,
HAVING and aggregates are closely related. And their execution occurs
after evaluating GROUP BY keys and before HAVING predicates, where
else would one put it?

Regards,
Marti

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11661: CASE ELSE is evaluated although condition is true
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11661: CASE ELSE is evaluated although condition is true