Re: Name of main process differs between servers (postmaster vs postgres)

От Jonathan Lemig
Тема Re: Name of main process differs between servers (postmaster vs postgres)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
​Best guess, one of the servers has upgrades from previous versions applied to it while the other started with a newer release.  The upgraded server didn't mess with a pre-existing launch script that was using postmaster while the new one made use of the likely newer script that calls postgres.

I bet it does have something to do with that.  I had to migrate one of our Postgres server from Fedora Core 24/Postgres 9.5 to CentOS 7/Postgres 9.6.  I'm new to Postgres and was playing around with different methods and settled on using pglogical.  I refined (that's being generous) the migration process and migrated DEV and then PROD. Perhaps I should have had our SA re-do the VMs after the refinements, but before doing the final migrations, to make sure everything was apples-to-apples.

Thanks!

Jon