Re: pg_rewind fails if there is a read only file.

От Paul Guo
Тема Re: pg_rewind fails if there is a read only file.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You seem to have missed my point completely. The answer to this problem
> IMNSHO is "Don't put a read-only file in the data directory".

Oh sorry. Well, if we really do not want this we may want to document this
and keep educating users, but meanwhile probably the product should be
more user friendly for the case, especially considering
that we know the fix would be trivial and I suspect it is inevitable that some
extensions put some read only files (e.g. credentials files) in pgdata.