pg_receivexlog 9.2 client working with 9.1 server?

От Dan Birken
Тема pg_receivexlog 9.2 client working with 9.1 server?
Дата
Re: pg_receivexlog 9.2 client working with 9.1 server?  (Dan Birken <birken@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I am running a pg_receivexlog 9.2 client against a 9.1 server.  It seems to work.  Comments in the code seem to indicate that this setup is workable.

However, pg_receivexlog is not part of the 9.1 source tree nor the rpm package (as far as I see), so I am curious if there is some caveat that I sure be aware of, or some other incompatibility that makes this setup not work.

The goal is to have PITR using a combination of pg_basebackup (which is part of 9.1) and pg_receivexlog.

Thanks,
Dan