Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the late response; I was busy at PGConf India.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> wrote:
Pavan Deolasee writes:

> Thanks for doing those tests. I've just sent v16a version of the patch and
> I think it fixes the issues reported so far. Can you please recheck? Please
> let me know if there are other issues detected by sqlsmith or otherwise.

I re-did the testing with merge_v16a applied to master at 7923118c16
with ad7dbee368a reverted because of conflicts.  I can confirm that the
previous testcases don't fail anymore,

Thanks for confirming.

but sqlsmith readily triggers the
following assertion:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(mergeTargetRelation > 0)", File: "planner.c",
Line: 1496)

Ah. Looks like the support and test cases for sub-partitioning were missing. I've attached v17a of the patch which fixes this and some other issues I noticed as part of your testing. To provide more details, while we allow more complex un-aliased joins for the source relation, referencing columns from the join was broken. I've now fixed that.

I've added relevant test cases to the regression.  Also added some tests to check function scans.

The patch is rebased on the current master. Please let me know how the sqlsmith tests go with this new version.

Thanks,
Pavan

Вложения