Re: PATCH: backtraces for error messages

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: PATCH: backtraces for error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2018-06-22 08:24:45 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Huge +1 from me on being able to selectively manage logging on a
> module/subsystem, file, or line level.
>
> I don't think I saw the post.
>
> Such a thing would obviously make built in backtrace support much more
> useful.

I strongly suggest keeping these as separate as possible. Either is
useful without the other, and both are nontrivial. Tackling them
together imo makes it much more likely to get nowhere.

Sorry, I did not mean to mix up two patches. I brought it up just in case it provides another idea about when and how to log the backtrace. So yeah, let's discuss that patch separately.

Thanks,
Pavan