Re: [HACKERS] pgbench stuck with 100% cpu usage

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench stuck with 100% cpu usage
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pgbench stuck with 100% cpu usage  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

While running some tests, I encountered a situation where pgbench gets
stuck in an infinite loop, consuming 100% cpu. The setup was:

- Start postgres server from the master branch
- Initialise pgbench
- Run pgbench -c 10 -T 100
- Stop postgres with -m immediate

That is a strange test to run, but it would be better if the behavior was not that one.

Well, I think it's a very legitimate test, not for testing performance, but testing crash recovery and I use it very often. This particular test was run to catch another bug which will be reported separately.

Thanks,
Pavan