Re: MERGE SQL statement for PG12

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: MERGE SQL statement for PG12
Дата
Re: MERGE SQL statement for PG12  (Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi Tomas,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 10:03 PM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

I think not going through nodeModifyTable and having a separate
nodeMerge.c makes sense. It might result in some code being duplicated,
but I suppose that code can be shared (wrapped as a function, moved to
some file shared by the two nodes). I wouldn't expect the result to be
particularly ugly, at least not compared to how nodeModifyTable is
twisted with the current patch.

Ok. I will try that approach again. In the meanwhile, I am posting a rebased version. There had been quite a lot changes on partitioning side and that caused non-trivial conflicts. I noticed a couple of problems during the rebase, but I haven't attempted to address them fully yet, since I think a detailed review at some point might require us to change that anyways.

- Noticed that partColsUpdated is not set correctly in case of MERGE since we never get to call expand_partitioned_rtentry() for the partition table in case of MERGE. This right now does not cause significant problem, since we initialise the required states by other means. But we should fix this.

- I am not entirely sure if the tuple-conversion business is bug-free for MERGE, post this rebase. Since this code has changed quite a bit in the master,  I will have another look and check. The tests do not show any issues, but that could also be because of lack of tests in this area with respect to MERGE.

- I am not sure if I adopted the slot related changes introduced by 1a0586de3657cd35581f0639c87d5050c6197bb7.

Thanks,
Pavan

Вложения