Re: XLByte* usage

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: XLByte* usage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 16.12.2012 16:16, Andres Freund wrote:
>>
>> Now that XLRecPtr's are plain 64bit integers what are we supposed to use
>> in code comparing and manipulating them? There already is plenty example
>> of both, but I would like new code to go into one direction not two...
>>
>> I personally find direct comparisons/manipulations far easier to read
>> than the XLByte* equivalents.
>

> I've still used XLByte* macros, but I agree that plain < = > are easier to
> read. +1 for using < = > in new code.

Do we ever see us changing this from 64-bit integers to something else
? If so, a macro would be much better.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee

От: classical_89
Сообщение: Re: is possible enforce \timing on from command line
Сообщение: Re: is possible enforce \timing on from command line