Re: Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I actually wonder if we are over engineering things and overestimating
> cost of memmove etc. How about this simpler approach:

Don't forget that you need to handle the case where
maintenance_work_mem is quite small.

How small? The default IIRC these days is 64MB and minimum is 1MB. I think we can do some special casing for very small values and ensure that things at the very least work and hopefully don't regress for them.

Thanks,
Pavan