Re: write scalability

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: write scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Pavan Deolasee
> <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, sorry.  scale = 100, so small.  pgbench invocation is:
>>>

>> It might be worthwhile to test only with the accounts and history
>> table and also increasing the number of statements in a transaction.
>> Otherwise the tiny tables can quickly become a bottleneck.
>
> What kind of bottleneck?

So many transactions trying to update a small set of rows in a table.
Is that what we really want to measure ? My thinking is that we might
see different result if they are updating different parts of the table
and the transaction start/stop overhead is spread across few
statements.

Thanks,
Pavan

--