Re: Automatic failover

От Paul Foerster
Тема Re: Automatic failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Sonam,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 11:30 AM Sonam Sharma <sonams1209@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have setup replication using repmgr. Wanted to know how much time the slave node will take to become new primary ??
Ifany document, can someone please share of auto failover.  With automatic failover, how much time the slave takes to
becomenew primary .
> Thanks..

I don't know about repmgr. We use Patroni with etcd. A switchover
takes only a second or two with that. And the (new) replica is usually
in sync again in less than about 5 seconds or so.

Cheers,
Paul

От: Sonam Sharma
Сообщение: Automatic failover
От: Don Seiler
Сообщение: Re: Mixed Locales and Upgrading