Re: the installer of postgresql 9.4.1208 and 8.4-703 doesn't start

От Stefania Miravalle
Тема Re: the installer of postgresql 9.4.1208 and 8.4-703 doesn't start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nice :). Thank you a lot for your time and sorry for the dumb question!!:)

have a good evening,
Stef

On 7/16/2016 1:03 PM, Stefania Miravalle wrote:
So I just downloaded and instelled SQL Workbench/J as my it department said, to help me with sql queries.
they also told me "Download a JDBC driver that will enable SQL Workbench/J to connect to your cluster. Currently we recommends this version 8 JDBC driver: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-8.4-703.jdbc4.jar

I did it but I am not an expert, therefore I supposed I had to install it. Am I wrong?

a .jar file is a java package, they are used as-is, most typically by specifying them in the CLASSPATH when you start a Java program.   As Adrian said, in this case, you configure sql workbench/j to use it, rather than installing it in your OS like regular programs.

Stefania Miravalle
www.stefaniamiravalle.it