9.4.1 segfault while creating hash index on temporary table

От Artem Ignatyev
Тема 9.4.1 segfault while creating hash index on temporary table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I am seeing this bug on my CentOS 6.6 PostgreSQL 9.4.1 db server
(installed from rpms of yum.postgresql.org), as well as on postgresql
9.4.1 from Ubuntu 15.04 repository on my  personal laptop.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create any empty database, i.e. echo 'CREATE DATABASE segfault' |
psql -U postgres template1
2. bzcat segfault.sql.bz2 | psql -U postgres segfault

At this point postgres should crash with segmentation fault and start recovery.

If not, drop the database and steps 1 and 2 a couple of times. In my
case I have a crash ratio of close to 100%.

The stacktrace I extracted with gdb from coredump on CentOS 6.6 server
is also attached to this message

FIY:

Postgresql segfaults on the last line of the attached sql script which
creates a hash index on temporary table

Swapping hash with btree works well.

Also, inserting ANALYZE temp_table in between CREATE TEMP TABLE and
CREATE INDEX also prevents segfault.

---
Thank you, Artem

Вложения