Re: [JDBC] JDBC String to Bool spec

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: [JDBC] JDBC String to Bool spec
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
>when execute rs.getBoolean(1), it gets false, but it should be an cannotCastException.

I'm not sure what is the ultimate right thing there (please forgive me I did not follow the thread), however I'm quite sure we cannot just break things "for no obvious reason".

Of course, major version change like 9.4 -> 42.0 allows us to break things, however I'm not fan of breaking too much at the same time.

Just in case: java.lang.Boolean#valueOf(java.lang.String) does not throw on bad input.

Vladimir