Re: Using Pg JDBC driver with perl DBD::JDBC

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Using Pg JDBC driver with perl DBD::JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

I have confirmed that the statements I execute are not working. It does look like what you suggest based on the warning. I just can’t find it in the source which is why I’m asking about the postgres jdbc source.

Mike,
I think you are running into https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/issues/488

I think DBD::JDBC is always using statement.execute(String sql, Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS), and pgjdbc does not yet analyze if "returning" is applicable to the given statement.

There are two issues:
1) It just does not work. That's sad. I think we could fix 488
2) The performance will be suboptimal, as DBD always asks for the generated keys (and pgjdbc adds "returning *", so all columns are returned!). I wonder if DBD can be smarter in a sense of "using return generated keys only if user asks".

Vladimir