Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please  (Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Pavel> This is probably build product

It is a set of source files. You can't deny that.
You want the source, you get it.
The build script is missing, but *.spec is much better then as you
would be absolutely sure that nothing "unexpected" passes through.

Pavel>we can't bundle stuff like that.

There's no need to bundle that. It is a compile-time dependency to
build OSGi-enabled pgjdbc.

Vladimir>> if everybody redistributes the jar?
Pavel>I don't understand this, can you elaborate please?

From my experience, 99.9% of projects redistribute the required java libraries.
I've never seen cases when the jar files were pulled from PRMs coming
with the OS.

I wonder if there are live uses of "pgjdbc.rpm".

Pavel> I'm working on small Java project that needs to connect to
Pavel>PostgreSQL.

Virtually all development requires not just "jar files" that can talk
to the database, but development requires "javadoc&source" jars.
Javadoc&source jars are used to look into pgjdbc source
code&documentation and double-check if the method you are going to
apply indeed does what you think it should do.

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please