Re: VM Instance to Google Cloud SQL Migration

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: VM Instance to Google Cloud SQL Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2018年11月15日(木) 17:19 Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>:

> Am 15.11.2018 um 08:54 schrieb Sathish Kumar:
> > We would like to migrate our Postgresql VM instance on Google Cloud
> > Platform to Google Cloud SQL with a minimal downtime. As I checked, we
> > have to export and import the SQL file and our database size is large
> > and cannot afford longer downtime.
> >
> > Do any have solution to achieve this?.
>
> setup a replication from one to the other?

Doesn't seem possible at the moment; here:
https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/replication/
it says: "Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL does not yet support replication
from an external
master or external replicas for Cloud SQL instances."

Looking at the feature list:

  https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/features

among the "Unsupported features" are: "Any features that require
SUPERUSER privileges"
(apart from a limited number of extensions), which pretty much rules
out pglogical or similar solutions.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
 2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
 www.2ndQuadrant.com